If you’re trying to drift away from the city every once in a while, my firm belief is it should be on a bed (or in a bath) of roses. Invigorating rose milk bath salts are for days when the mountains or the sea or that wild tempest inside you is calling but that orange alarm clock, your insane schedule and other commitments will not yield.
In my mind the only real way to transform a mundane Wednesday night into something more luxurious when the skies are chucking down rain is a half-filled bath with a load of salts. Epsom salts that beat the bloat and flush toxins from the body and Himalayan pink salts to cleanse the skin deeply and the body energetically. Milk powder and rose oil to soothe the skin and senses into the loveliest oblivion.
I love this time of year. This brief period before the holiday season has a life of it’s own but can also get stressful and hectic. The best way to chill out is taking a rose bath! We’ve moved into our new home in King West over the weekend. Surely unpacking the kitchen, building the chest of drawers and putting away the boxes can wait a little while longer?
- 3/4 cup of fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Epsom Salts
- 5-7 drops of rose oil blend*
- 1 cup milk powder
- Add the salts and rose oil to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Then stir in the milk powder and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
- To use, pour one cup of bath into hot running water, allow them to dissolve and then relax!
* The rose oil I have is already blended with almond oil and and vitamin E oil. Do not add pure 100% rose oil into the bath salts, look for one that is diluted with carrier oils and 100% natural.